Here are some examples of ways The Mom Check Up supports you:
The goal is to support your healing and recovery from childbirth, bonding with your new baby, and lessening worry, stress, and overwhelm. You do not need to "figure anything out" on your own because you have the support you need!
1. Education and guidance on topics like breastfeeding, infant sleep, pumping, baby wearing, general newborn care, your postpartum recovery and more. I make sure we get all your questions answered!
2. Breastfeeding assistance with latch, comfort, and ensuring baby is getting enough milk.
3. I can care for other children in your home.
4. I can take care of your baby while you eat, shower, or nap uninterrupted.
5. Cleaning and tidying of your home. I do dishes, laundry, assembling baby items, organizing and tidying spaces.
6. Errands- I can do grocery pick up or other errands. Mileage is assessed for this option
7. Soothing practices like gentle touch and massage to help relax and comfort you.
8. Preparing and Serving you meals and snacks, Meal batching so you have plenty of things available to you quickly and easily.
9. Postpartum Depression & Anxiety Screening- Prevention is key so we offer a brief question tool so we know if you need additional support.
10. Wellness Plans- we develop a brief wellness care plan for you so you have tips and steps to be and feel your best self over the next 6-8 weeks. We look at the WHOLE person and assess physical, mental, emotional and social wellness.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to call, text, or email. Also, you can send a message via my website.
If you choose to book with me, you can book and pay via my scheduling app for Virtual support and In-Person Support.
For my package option, please contact me for scheduling due to the number of hours included. After I confirm booking, I will provide you an invoice via one of my payment methods listed below (I prefer Venmo, but will opt for what you choose)
Cash, Check, Venmo and PayPal.
There is a $30.00 fee for all returned checks.
Pa Sales Tax is added to all purchases.
At this point in time, Doula services cannot bill insurance whether it be private or Medicaid. However, depending on your plan's participation, you may be eligible for reimbursement for Doula services. I always urge families to submit for reimbursement as this shows a need for this level of care. I provide all the documentation you need for this process.
Postpartum Services are HSA and FSA reimbursable with a letter of medical necessity from your provider.
The short answer is I've got lots of experience and training understanding what moms need postpartum. I will ask you a few questions when I arrive and we will come up with a plan for how I can best support you during the shift. I often take care of needs that I see and make sure you are comfortable with me completing certain tasks before I do so. I like to make sure that all dishes, laundry, tidying of spaces and you are well cared for during my time.
I max out at 4 clients monthly to ensure I have enough availability for each of my clients. I am always up front regarding my availability and work with you to ensure you are taken care of.
I support moms and families within the first 12 weeks after childbirth and up to 3 years postpartum via The Mom Check Up service. For In person services, I do give preference to families in the first 12 week postpartum period.
I want to start by saying a The Mom Check Up does not replace your loved ones. They are a professional addition to your support network, just like your OB, Pediatrician, PT, Chiro, etc.
The Mom Check Up serves you in a professional capacity to ensure your overall health and wellness are prioritized. We are trained to understand the unique needs of a postpartum family, screen for potential issues, offer education and guidance on a plethora of topics, and provide practical hands on support to ease you into your new normal. The goal of The Mom Check Up is to enhance overall functioning so mom feels her best.
I always encourage open communication and that my clients ask whatever questions they need to feel comfortable with me providing care in their home during a very vulnerable time. I encourage you to ask the following questions when you are interviewing birth and postpartum professionals:
1. Where did you train
2. What is your experience level
3. Why did you become a Doula/paraprofessional
4. What do your services include
5. What is your fee schedule
6. Can you provide references
7. Can you provide clearances
8. How can you support my partner
9. How do you support me
10. How many clients do you take on at one time
I am most happy to answer any of the above questions, provide references for my professional work, and copies of my clearances.
THE MOM CHECK UP LLC
Copyright © 2023 THE MOM CHECK UP LLC, All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy